Monday, April 02, 2007

D 2007 PiLiFin VLaG aWarDz

Hola, people! How is everyone? Do hope you're all fine and dandy.

I was at the 2007 Philippine Blog Awards last Saturday (thanks to Pouty for going with me), because my other blog which I don't think many of you know about, was a finalist in the Technology category. Yey! But I did not win. Boo! Although feel free to check it out - PinoyMacLovers.com. It's a happy blog about Macs for the happy people who love them. Happy, happy! Joy, joy! Anyway, enough shameless self-promotion.

So the event was fun. I met and saw a couple of people behind some of the blogs I read. It's always nice to be face-to-face with an actual FACE instead of an avatar being displayed from a glaring monitor.

photo courtesy of Karla from RockersWorld.com
That's me talking with my new-found friends, the Baltazars. Such a nice couple. Like I'd imagine them being 80 and still talking and making jokes together. Lori Baltazar is the woman behind the highly succesful blog Dessert Comes First. Check it out. It's a great blog that's all about FOOD! And it's so popular that she gets invited to eat at all these different restaurants. And Krispy Kreme sends her doughnuts, too. That in itself is great motivation to write a food blog! We had such a nice time during the awards show. A little too nice actually, because I think we ended up annoying this old man who sat behind us. Sorry old man who sat behind us!

photo courtesy of Lori
Here's another pic of me and Lori. Do you like my shirt? I think it's so nice and shiny.

photo courtesy of Karla from RockersWorld.com
And here we are with some of the other finalists in the different categories.

So there you have it. The 2007 PBA. I felt like this was my formal induction into the geeky world of blogging. I even wore a tie and all (shiny too, like my shirt). Yey!




Share:

0 comments: